Friday, October 30, 2015

MLAARE -Carrying Food

As I was walking around the store at work today,
I noticed a woman moving to the back with the help of some crutches.
And asked if she needed help.
She said she would if she found the dog food she was looking for. She'd find someone to help her then.

Which would usually mean that she would need to return all the way to the front of the store. To find assistance. As that's where most of the coworkers are located.
Knowing that that would be a strain,
And since I had a coworker with me in my department.
I volunteered to just come with her. And help her carry her dog food up to the front with her.
-Because she didn't grab a cart when she came in.
I suppose, its because she's used to coming with her husband, and he does all the heavy lifting for her. (She told me. She didn't have him today because she had business in town and he had been at work.)
So I followed her to the back.
As she tried to decide if she should get a new type of dog food within the same brand, or just stick with the same old same old, even though her doggie wasn't really eating it.

We were interrupted as one of the Groomers came up to her to say hi and chat and talk about her dog.
Which I didn't mind.
I'm a patient person, and like I said, I had a coworker in my dept so I wasn't in a hurry to return to it.
(Plus, I'd reached the end of my 'to do list' so I was just looking for ways to kill time. So standing by waiting to help a customer was fine by me.)

In any case. I was able to help the woman.
She finally decided on a bag of food.
I carried it up to the front for her, and then out to her car.
And we had a great conversation the entire time.

I really liked helping her. She was so sweet and apologetic for asking for help which only made me want to help her more.

But at the end.
She said that I had been a blessing for her, and answer to her prayers.
^^

I guess, she'd been worried about how she was going to get the dog food to her car. And so had prayed for help.

And then there I was.
I stepped up and was able to be her angel of the day. Helping her get the dog food to the car, spending time talking with her.

^^ Its good to help customers. Especially when we both end up enjoying talking.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment