Thursday, October 22, 2015

MLAARE -Jarring Noise

So I had this mother/daughter duo come into the store today.
Didn't think much of it.
Because I was distracted, doing my never ending task of counting all the crickets that came into work today.
So. Many. Crickets. Agh.

In any case.
This duo was taking their time.
Browsing through the store.
Browsing through my department.
Usually not a big deal.

But this case, there was one glaring exception.

You see, the daughter.
The teenager/early 20s age.

Was listening to music.
Not really a big deal.
Except....she wasn't using headphones or earphones or any sort of device that makes it so the music is only hearable to her.

No. She had it playing. Out loud. Blaring out of the speakers.
Her own personal soundtrack.
Playing for everyone else to hear.

And frankly.
It was ear grating, annoying, crappy music.
(just my opinion.)

But, because I can be more sensitive to noise than other people.
It was really quite jarring for me to have to listen to music I really didn't want to listen to.

But it's hard to look at the customer when you're the employee and ask "Did your earphones break?"
Because I really really wanted to.
I wanted to tell her to stop playing the music so loud.
That people don't all want to hear what she wants to hear.

Not a good idea. You don't make friends of customers if you ask them questions like that.

So I had to suffer.
Working as quickly as possible to get them out of my hair and get the ear jarring music away from me.

Seriously though.
Seriously?
How self centered do you have to be to play music in a public place as you wander around. Making everyone listen to it?

>.<
So. Annoying.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment