Thursday, October 15, 2015

MLAARE -When to Clean

It's always interesting to have my coworkers do different tasks.
Because each one will react to different tasks differently.

Me...I've done every task so often, that I really don't have a preference about when I do those tasks. For me, it comes down to a matter of timing now a days.
If I come in first, and the next person doesn't come in for a couple of hours, I do this.
If they come in sooner, then they do this and I do that.
Pretty simple for me.

That doesn't mean I don't have tasks that I like to not do.
Because I do. Like bird bedding. Dealing with all those feathers. Or scrubbing tanks. Or having to handle the scorpion/tarantula. Definitely tasks I'm not fond of.
But, again, I've done them so often, that I often let the other people decide the tasks they want to do.

I let them decide more often than not, because I just want to get the task done. And people tend to work a little faster at tasks they like to do than at tasks they don't like to do.

Still. It's interesting to see which coworkers prefer to do what.
Some will avoid Crickets at all costs. Others its the snakes. Handling reptiles in general. Or holding the hamsters. Avoiding Hay duty. Avoiding cleaning out the cats. Or doing the back rooms.

There's a variety of reasons for these avoidances. Allergies, smell, dislike of feel of the animal.

The latter...
It's interesting to see people afraid to handle certain creatures.
Like my coworker today, isn't fond of reptiles. At all.
Especially the snakes, but often it takes them a bit to get the animals out of the cage.

lol, so I often find myself coming to the rescue when I notice my coworker struggling with certain creatures.
And I often just swoop in, take hold of the creature, place it in the cage/tote and then walk away. lol.

I suppose it comes in handy to be comfortable handling most of the creatures.
Because when one is afraid of getting injured....
Things take a lot longer to finish.
But in the end, they still get done.

And I can't let them get away with avoiding what they don't like...
But I do try, to help them where I can. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment