Tuesday, May 23, 2017

An Avalanche of Kids

There is nothing more terrifying than the sudden avalanche of sound that you hear approaching you.

I was talking with a couple of regular customers when I heard it.

The swell of sound that suddenly burst through the doors of our store.
The chatter of voices.
The excited laughter.

It could only mean one thing.

A group of school kids had descended upon the store for a 'field trip.'

Which surprisingly is pretty common in this area. lol. I'm not always sure what's so fascinating about visiting a pet store for preschools, kindergarten classes, and maybe first or second grade classes around here....but they happen. A lot.
Sometimes it's a small group of like five kids.
Othertimes it's like forty kids running around the store. :S

Today was one of those 'forty kid' sort of days.

Where we had probably five or six groups of adults herding their group of 5ish kids around the store, pointing out the different animals and talking about them a bit.

With so many kids around....I usually try my best to stay out of their way. lol. I answer questions if asked, but usually I do my thing and they do theirs. As I'm not always a fan of getting mobbed by kids.

Today however, I wasn't really up to anything, having basically finished all my opening tasks at this point in time. And since I had time.
I figured....why not make the kids' day?

How did I do that?

lol I brought out one of our curly-haired guinea pigs and proceeded to let the children pet him.
Ah. I was the most popular person in the store then. lol.
The kids were excited to actually touch one of the creatures in the store and see them.

But not hold. :S with so many kids I definitely wasn't going to let the guinea pig out of my grip.

But I think I made their day a bit happier, getting to pet a guinea pig. :D
Plus, it was a great distraction for me. lol.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment