Monday, May 29, 2017

I Can't Fix It

I wasn't that surprised to come into work this morning to the note that once again, our bird door had broken.

And that's because the lock had broken earlier in the month,
And I'd fixed it as best I could.
But the main thing to keeping that door fixed and able to be locked....
Was keeping an eye on the bolt holding the screw in place at the top of the lock.
Because that thing would wiggle loose since we're constantly opening and shutting that door, locking and unlocking it. 
And the bolt would loosen.
And I would tighten it up. 
Keeping the lock in place.

But.
With me gone from the dept for a bit.
Unable to check on that door....

People apparently didn't notice that little bolt coming loose.
Nor did they try and fix it when it fell off.
When the screw came out.
When the latch separated from the rest of the lock....

Because all those pieces....
Are gone.
Leaving the door truly broken.
With me having no idea how to fix it now.
because without the pieces you can't piece things together again.

*sighs*

Honestly, I'm not surprised it broke again.
I just wish that my coworkers had been a little bit more on top of things.
And not just let things go until they truly broke.
And instead actively tried to fix something instead of waiting for me to come back to help them out. 
*shakes head*

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment