Monday, May 22, 2017

Filter Help

There was an older couple who came into the store this morning, with a particular mission in mind.
Namely in that their filter which has apparently been working for over 10 years...had decided to start leaking and they needed a new one.
But it wasn't enough that they wanted a new canister filter to keep them happy.
No, they were actually looking into buying a new tank as well. lol.
And so I spent a good thirty or so minutes with them, going over the benefits of particular tanks, ones that come as a complete set up, others that just come with lights. As well as the differences between over the back filters and canister filters, and then giving a bit more details on the different brands of canister filters as the woman was a big Fluval fan and loved it, but was curious about the other brands and if the hoses that come within the canister filters would be long to reach from tank to floor without her having to put the canister on a stool or something.
In the end, they ended up getting a 75 gallon tank, and a Marineland Canister Filter -but only after I opened up the box so the woman could see what types of hoses she would be dealing with.

Which...is when I guess it happened.
That I injured myself.
I can't think of anything else that would have caused it.

But as I was heading to the back of the store I looked down at my hand because my pointer finger was aching...only to see that there was blood on my pinky finger.
At some point I'd gotten myself a papercut and it was bleeding.
O.o I can only guess I was injured when I was messing with the canister filter....but who knows for sure.

It's just kinda crazy that I didn't realize that I was injured until after the fact.

But hey... a tiny papercut isn't much....unless it's on your hand...and you're dealing with water all the time...

But I still managed to survive, and to help the customers with their tank. ^^ lol.
I also got complimented by the woman in that she says that she actively looks for me when she comes into the store because I'm very helpful. ^-^ awwwww!!!
I love it when customers love me. ^^ lol.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment