Thursday, May 4, 2017

Catnip On Hold?

I had a customer call on the phone today.
Who'd apparently been trying to get a hold of someone for 40 minutes.
-Sounds fake, but okay.-

Because she wanted to see if we had a certain product in stock.
Which I wasn't familiar with at all, but she said that the product said that they were carried by Starsmets, so after looking for it and not finding it, I asked a manager if we carried it and low and behold we did.
So I told her that we did.
And she asked if we could put it on hold for her.
Which I did.

And I told her to go to register one and tell them that she had items on hold when she came in and that they'd be in the cabinet.

-Really we need to have a word for the storage place where we put items that have been ordered online and are waiting to be picked up, or items that are on hold for a customer.

And the customer was like "Can you repeat that last bit? What about catnip?"

"No, Cabinet." I repeated. Only realizing as I said the word how similar it did sound to catnip.

So it wasn't surprising when she misheard it again.

Thankfully, I had a different similar word I could switch to. "Cabinet, you know the cupboard?"
"Ah!" That's when she got it thankfully lol. As I wouldn't have been able to come up with another similar word that quickly on the spot.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment