Friday, May 19, 2017

This Cat?

So, I was in the middle of a crazy rush, over at the cat cages.
Where multiple people wanted to look at cats in a row. 

And one customer in particular, was this big football player of a guy. Possibly pro wrestler huge. 
Who was extremely taken by one of our cats up for adoption that happened to be declawed.
He was thinking about possibly getting the cat for another....
I honestly don't know what the relationship was between him and the woman.... I don't even know if it was brought up.....I kept thinking she was like a grandmother or mother....but I honestly don't remember. It could have been a neighbor friend for all I knew.

All I knew was that a woman that this customer knew, had recently lost her cat, and he wanted to get her a new cat to help her feel better basically.
And from the sound of it, he was going to bring the woman back tomorrow to come look at the kitty.

Only to fast forward a couple of hours to the man walking in the store, cat carrier in hand, with the woman and some other guy in tow. 

To look at the cat.

It was just....weird all around. 
Because I don't know if the woman actually liked the cat.
But she was so confident that the guy 'knew what she wanted' 
Only...the cat didn't seem to be the type she was looking for. It seemed like she wanted a cuddly cat, and the cat they were looking at wasn't being very cuddly....

It was also weird because the woman didn't seem ready for a cat. She wanted to prepare the house, gather all the things she'd need, wait another month....

And yet after an hour or so of shopping around the store, she was adopting out the cat....

I don't quite know how to feel about it.
Because honestly it felt like she was pressured into getting that cat, and I told her multiple times she could wait, yet the guy she'd come with was insistent that this was the cat she wanted....

*exhales*
I really hope that the cat they took home today was the one she wanted....because I'd feel bad for both her and the cat if it wasn't....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment