Thursday, May 25, 2017

Money Back

So I had a customer who was wanting to adopt a cat.
Only she didn't have the cash she needed to have on hand.
Which a lot of people don't if they weren't expecting to adopt a cat right then. 
But it usually isn't a big deal because if you purchase something in the store 
-Which you're going to be doing anyway because you need to buy supplies for the cat-
We do offer cash back at the register if you use a debit card.
The catch though is that we only do $40 at a time. And since most cat adoption fees are more than that...it means the customer needs to do two transactions in order to get the cash back that they need to give to the adoption group.

Only when I explained this concept to this particular customer....
She didn't get it.

For this particular adoption she needed to have $50 in order to get the cat.
And I explained to her the process above. Telling her she would need to do two transactions in order to get the $50 cash back total that she needed.

But she wasn't comprehending it like that.
What she was hearing was that she would buy a $10 item. Get $40 cash back and that would total the $50 and she could adopt the cat.

She thought item plus cash would equal $50.
It wouldn't though.
I had to explain it to her like three more times before I think she comprehended what I was getting at.
But I figured it would be better to play it safe, so I took her up to the register myself, and made sure that she ended up doing two transactions to get the $40 cash back the first time and the $10 cash back the second time. 

So in the end.
We got the result we needed for her to adopt the cat.

Thankfully. :) 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment