Monday, May 15, 2017

Not Yet Open

It was 15 minutes before the store opened when I saw the customer standing at the doors peering in.
Which in of itself was kinda surprising as usually those doors have already been switched to automatically open when people approach so that the handful of customers who come in before the store opens when they drop off their pets for grooming can enter easily.
Since the customer hadn't tried to force open the doors, that told me that he wasn't a grooming customer.
So I went to the door to double check. And to unfortunately tell him that the store wasn't open yet. That we'd open in 15 minutes.

And he gave me such the puppy dog eyed look. Of 'but I walked all the way up here to enter and now you're telling me I can't.' that just made me feel guilty for telling for telling him No.

If it were any other day, where the doors had already automatically opened, he could have just walked right in non the wiser that the main store actually wasn't open yet.
Today though...since the doors hadn't automatically opened for him....he got the bad news. He couldn't enter early.

I'm not sure what he did in the meantime, waiting for the store to officially open...
All I know is that he came back a good thirty minutes after we officially opened, to try and find the product he was looking for.

I hope he was successful.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment