Wednesday, August 23, 2017

A Moment More to Observe

So there I was, in the middle of putting birds out onto the floor. 
-I.E. Taking the birds from our backrooms and placing them in the cages on the floor to sale. 

Which involves me squeezing myself and the bird cage into our tiny bird enclosure, and then using a net to 'fish' out the birds from one cage, so I can place them in another cage.

And occasionally the birds get stuck in this net.
As their toenails just catch in the cloth lining, so you have to untangle their toenail from the net before they can fly free. 

Well, I had one bird do that today.
Where it got stuck briefly. 

Like really it couldn't have been more than thirty seconds. 
Maybe a minute. 

And then I got the bird untangled and went back to catching the other two.
Before shutting the cages, and getting myself out of the enclosure.
So like maybe another two minutes?

When my coworker came up to me saying. "So the cashier said that a customer said that there's a bird tangled in the cage?" 
I frowned in confusion, and glanced in the bird cages. Not seeing anything.

And then it hit me.
"Oh well I had a bird briefly stuck in the net as I was getting them into the cage." 

And my coworker was like "That was it!" 

*shakes head*

So apparently in the thirtyish seconds that the bird was stuck.
A customer saw that the bird was stuck....
But apparently didn't realize that I was in the cage there too...
Or that it should be odd for the door to be open and a bird stuck to a net....so should realize someone was in there...

and went dashing up to the front of the store to tell the cashier that there was a bird stuck in the bird cages. 

*shakes head*
If they'd waited like two seconds longer.....
They would have seen for themselves the bird get free. *exhales*

Customers are weird sometimes. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment