Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Seriously?

I was helping a woman and her son today at the store.
As the son was picking out fish for their 20 gallon fish tank since they now didn't have any fish in it. 

Which was all fine and good.
Until he started picking out too many fish.

As you don't want to add in a ton of fish at once in into a fish tank because it can stress out your fish and cause them to die if chemicals in the water get too out of wack too quickly.

So I interrupted after the kid had picked out about 6 fish and was going for me by saying.

"I would recommend only getting around six fish this week since you have a twenty gallon tank. As adding too many fish at once can stress out your tank, so I'd say get six this week and then come back next week and grab six more fish. You probably don't want more than about twelve in the tank total." 

To which the mother considered for a second or two.
Before saying basically. "I'm going to risk it, because I have a long drive." 

Which, considering I have people come from 3 or 4 hours away to our store to come get fish....
Yah, I can totally understand not wanting to make that drive twice in a month. So I can see why they'd rather push their luck and get all the fish now, instead of waiting. 

So I was prepared to be sympathetic and give my understanding and such.

When the customer continued. "It takes me 35 minutes to get here." 

.......
Seriously? 
35 minutes is not that long of a drive.
Anything under an hour is not a long drive. 

Knowing that I have people come from 4 hours away to get fish....it's not that long of a drive. 

*shakes head*
But whatever.
I got her the fish her son wanted.
They ended up with like 15 fish.
So I really won't be surprised if at least half of them die....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment