Monday, August 7, 2017

Cold

It happens on occasion at work.
Where we have an animal die. 
Sometimes the cause is rather obvious like: The hamster killed the other hamster. 
Other times...it's less obvious. As one day they were fine and the next day....they weren't. 

Today was one of those 'why did you die?' sort of moments.

As I was opening one of our back rooms, checking animals and their food and water levels...
And I opened up a cage that had a single robo dwarf hamster in it, curled up in a ball.

Only...he didn't move. 
Y_Y a closer check showed that he was dead....
And I can't help but wonder, 
If he got a bit too cold?

I mean, I thought he was fine the last time I checked in on him at work. Alert, active, moving around.
So to see him not even two days later...lifeless.
It was a bit concerning. 

And I wonder...if its because the room that he was in is currently having troubles staying warm.
I come in and the room is in the low sixties when it should be in the seventies.
-The heater in the room broke, and we're working to get a replacement in. 

But...did it get too cold for that hamster? All the others were fine....
Or was it some other issue that we couldn't see....

Who knows....
I just know it was a rather depressing way to start my morning.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment