Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Out of Reach

I'm not a tall person. 
But I have learned how to use my tip toes and reach to grab things that are normally out of easy reach for me. 

Which comes in handy when I have customers who need my help.
Who are shorter than me. 
Because then, sometimes I can reach the item that they can't reach themselves and help them get it.
And if we both can't get it....at least I know where some handy step stools are so I can actually reach this item.

Today though was one of those days where I was able to reach the item without the step stool. 

I was in the middle of helping another customer, 
Leading them to an aisle closer to the front of the store to help them find their product that they were looking for.
When I happened to notice another customer, an older woman, who was looking a little lost. 
I made a note of it, and after I finished helping the one customer....
Nearly I went back to my own department. 
But on a whim, I went back to check in on that customer looking lost in the dog food.

And it turns out she did need help.
Not because she was lost in looking for a product or anything.
No, it was because she couldn't reach the product she was needing to get, because she was a couple inches shorter than me, and needed someone to grab the product on the top shelf in the back.

Thankfully I had enough of a reach on my tip toes without needing to go find a ladder to grab the product for her. 

Yay for being able to help customers. ^^ 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment