Saturday, August 12, 2017

Batterys

I ran into an older gentleman at work today.
Who was looking for a remote control collar to well...control his dog.
Usually when people are looking for the electronic collars its for bark control.
But surprisingly....
He wanted to use it as a training tool.
To prevent his dog from doing naughty behaviors and such.

So I lead the guy to the collars, and did my best to explain which option I thought would be the best for him.
-Which I have rather limited knowledge in dog/cat sections since I don't usually deal with those problems on a daily basis.
But we eventually found a solution and I got him the collar he wanted to try out.
-Since he can return it within a certain time frame if it doesn't work out. 

And that was basically the last I expected to see of him as he headed up front to check out.

Only a couple of hours later....
I see him trying to get help from my manager.
As he couldn't get the remote part of the remote control collar to work.

But my manager was trying to leave work, and so basically handed the situation to me.
Which...again....I don't know much about control collars....like at all....
But I'm willing to give it a shot.

And I'm quite good at puzzling my way through the problem and finding a solution.

This one ended up being rather simple.

The customer had believed that he only needed to put one battery into the remote instead of both.
So it was a matter of putting both batteries into the remote and walla!! It worked!! lol.

He wanted me to open up the collar portion of the setup as well, to ensure the battery was placed in correctly in that portion too....
But unfortunately it required a mini screwdriver to open it....and I couldn't find one in the store.
So I was unable to help him in that part.

But at least I figured out his original problem! :D

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment