Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Do You Have A Coupon?

So I was backing up register one,
Mostly because I was the only other person in the store available to do so.
When a woman comes up to me and basically slams down a product on the counter.

That product being a seat cover for the back bench of your car so that you can have your doggy there without it's fur getting all over the seats. 

And she was like: "Do you have any coupons for this product because it's really expensive!" 

-It was $60- 

And we basically never have coupons for things. 
Rarely we'll have some for like dog food or cat litter.
But I've never seen a coupon for the travel stuff.

Still.
I humored her and checked in the register drawer, though I knew nothing was there. 
"No, sorry." 
"But this is sooo expensive!"

....yah...and there's not much I can do about it. You can either buy it or leave it.

She proceeded to ask: "Do you  know if this is on sale online?" 

To which I responded. "I don't sorry." 

And I could have pulled out my cell phone to check into our website and look for her.

But I was kinda tired of people not wanting to pay the stated price and expecting me to be able to fix it for them.
So I suggested to her instead, knowing that I had a smart phone myself in my pocket, "do you have a smart phone? You could look it up real quick." 

To which she did have a smart phone!!
....In her car.

So she couldn't actually look up the price to see if it would be cheaper online, because we do price match our online store. 

In the end...she ended up buying the product for full price.
Took it out to her car.
Realized that it wasn't right, and brought it back inside with the intentions to return it and get a different product.

I don't know if she succeeded in finding that other product...
But hopefully she left the store successful in her ventures.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment