Monday, August 14, 2017

Half Bad?

There was a gentleman looking a bit lost down one of our dog food aisles today.
So I made the choice to actually go see if he needed help.

And it turned out he didn't really need help.
He was just faced with a conundrum.

Of being faced with a possibly good deal.
Where the bag of dog food he usually buys was on a "Buy One, Get One Half Off" sale. 

And his words to me were: 
"I have a small dog, and she doesn't go through the bag that fast. So if I get the second bag it will go bad."

Which...I was already slightly confused because....dog food has a pretty long life span. I mean the expiration dates on those things are often times a year or two out. 
So the fact that the customer was stating that he wouldn't use the dog food before it went bad...was confusing.
Because I'm pretty sure that once the bag is open it's still good for upwards to 3 months. (don't quote me on that) 
And most bags of dog food last about a month....depending on the dog.
So I really couldn't see why the owner would be concerned.

But the kicker to this story is that since he was convinced the second bag wouldn't last before it went bad. He was like "So could you discount the bag" -that was already basically 50% off- "another 25% since half of the bag will go bad before I get to it?" 

O.o
Uhm.
No?
No.

The guy literally had just asked me to give him a 75% discount on the second bag of food.

O.o
Why?
Why would you even think to ask that?
Do you go to your local grocery store and say "Oh hey I'm only going to manage to eat half of this loaf of bread before it goes bad so could I buy it for half price instead?" 

No. No you don't. 

So why would you ask the same thing for the food?

It's greedy. It's such a cheapskate method. 
It's....so weird.

I mean, if you know the food won't last. Don't. Buy. It.
Simple as that.
Why waste the money if you know it's not going to last? 

-He did only end up getting one bag in the end.

But still....such a weird thing to be asked of me. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment