Thursday, May 17, 2018

Clickers?

Sometimes I feel bad about leading customers all over the store when I'm trying to help them find what they're looking for.

I had an older woman come into the store today.
Who originally was looking for some pet stairs for her dog.
So that the dog could climb onto the bed and such.

But after leading her to said stairs, she also asked what type of clickers we had.
Because she wanted one for her dogs.

So I lead her to the inexpensive ones as they were just one aisle over.
Only she wasn't quite fond of them because it had taken me a moment to get the thing to work (the plastic made it difficult to click it) and she didn't want to have a hard-to-press clicker as she wasn't that strong in the fingers.

She wanted to know if I had any others, specifically ones that were more like....hmmm I don't remember what she wanted exactly....I think it was one that made noise at the press of a button?

Which the clickers....are kinda like buttons....
But in any case, I lead her across the store to the mini 'training' wing we had by the training center to see if we had any of those clickers she was looking for.
Nope.
We just had another similar clicker to the one I'd shown her by the leashes. 
Only it was like a dollar more, but it had the ability to change the loudness of the sound.
Which I hadn't realized you could do with a clicker, but apparently you can. 

But as she was debating about getting it.
She let it slip that she was looking for a clicker so that she could get her dogs to stop barking.

....at least that's what I heard the first time, but apparently it's her son's two dogs that won't stop barking, and her own dog is...fine I think? 

*shakes head*

But I was like "Oh! to stop barking."
Because I don't think she mentioned that earlier, she was just talking about clickers. 

But I knew just the thing for the barking. The handheld noisemakers to make them stop. 
It's the portable Sonic Eggs in the store that we have.
Little handheld devices that you can press and it creates a sound to get the dog to stop barking. 

Which....was back on the other side of the store, near the original spot I'd led the customer to the first time for the doggie stairs. 

And as we walked over there, I was telling her about it, but also checking in with the manager to see if we had any....

Which we unfortunately didn't. 
But!
With further questioning, she mentioned that the barking issue was indoors mostly.

Which I had a solution to that!
The regular Sonic Egg thingy that we carry lol. 
It's the same thing as the portable sonic egg, only this one just sits in the house and creates a soundwave to get the dog to stop barking. 

So I ended up convincing her to get one for her son, and she was thinking she'd come back another da for the handheld one.

Only as I passed by her at the register, she decided that she did want a second larger Sonic Egg to try at her house too.

So yay for me being able to help her find products that she needed lol. ^^;;

*fingers crossed* That they work for her and the doggies. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment