Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Which Bird?

I never understand the customers who want me to pick their pet for them.

Like they're like "What do you think will work best for me?"

And I just....find it difficult to give a definite answer.
Because like....I have no idea what your home life is like, or what type of pet will be best suited to you...and besides....you're going to be the one taking care of said pet so shouldn't you be the one to pick it? After all it will be your responsibility and not mine. :S 

Today I had a customer call on the phone.

Originally looking to see if we carried any doves. 
Which I told her that we carry Diamond Doves but don't currently have any in stock. 

To which she then got on this huge tangent. 
Like nearly a ten minute conversation. 

Where she was like "Here's the size of cage I have, and where I'll keep the birds, and I want the birds to be visible, but should I get a parakeet or a finch because I've had canaries but they just always die so I think I need a bird that's more tolerate to noise, so a finch? Or do you think a parakeet?"

And I'm like....trying to tell her pros and cons of each.
Trying to figure out what she's after.
But like after every potential thing I tell her.
She's like "But parakeets?" "But finches?" 

To the point where she was like "Which one do you think I should get?" 

So at the end I was like "Get the parakeet" 
Because she wanted a bird that was visible so her kids could look at it, could make noise, and be fine in a cage.

And also because I know we'll have parakeets when she comes in this Sunday. 
I don't know if we'll have any of our finches or canaries in stock then. 

So I went with the safe option to guarantee her getting a bird.

*exhales*

Guess we'll see if she ends up getting a parakeet or one of the others...

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment