Monday, May 7, 2018

Which Gender?

There was a customer at our fish wall today.
Who was intently staring at one of our tanks of mollies. 
Specifically at the Cremecicle Lyretails in the tank.
Why? 
Because he was trying to see which ones were girls.

As wih the Lyretails it's not always easy to tell the difference between the males and females because the flowyness of their fins occasionally makes it hard to tell. 

But I did my best to be helpful and pointed out three out of the ten that I thought were girls.

Unfortunately the largest of those females...was more of a dirty yellow shade instead of the bright cheerful yellow/orange they normally come in.
But the other two potential females had good coloration. They were just slightly smaller.

So I was expecting the customer to point to one of them when they finally decided on the fish.

But no.
He caught me off guard by saying "I'll take this one." And pointed to a male.
So I had to double check if he was wanting a boy and not a girl.
Because like we had just been talking about the girls and he hadn't given any indication whatsoever of wanting a male....

But no he wanted one of the boys.
And ended up taking a female Dalmatian molly instead. 

*shakes head*

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment