Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Knowledge

So I was called up to the register today, so I could take a customer off a cashier's hands.
Because the cashier can't leave the front of the store or like....the register in general because someone has to man that so that customers can buy stuff and then leave. 

This customer was an older gentleman, looking for a very specific product.
Which I saw him gesturing around the store, probably explaining what he was looking for to the cashier....
So I approached, ask what he was looking for.

And he told me that he was looking for a 'porous stone' 
-which I was like. O.o okay?
but he continued with "that you push air through, like it has a hose and such." 

Which is when it clicked for me. "Oh an airstone?"
"Yes! Exactly!" 
"Yah they're this way, let me show you." And I guide him over to the products on the shelf.

lol and the customer was like "Finally, someone who knows what they're about that's been here longer than two weeks." 

Which yah, been at my job for 5 years.
lol but I do get that retail feeling.
Where you're perpetually stuck with the 'greenies' who just started a week or two ago and have no idea where anything is in the store.
Yah it gets frustrating. 

So he was glad that I knew exactly what he was talking about. 

So glad that he told me to take the rest of the day off.

Which I did. lol 15 minutes later because that's when I was off. XD 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment