Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Blink?

So I was in the middle of helping a customer looking for a little ring to put on his dog tags.
Which unfortunately, I didn't sell those.
But while I was trying to help him find a solution. 

Another customer came up to the cashier, stating that she needed help with the birds.
But at that point of time I was the only one in my department, so the cashier said that it would be just a minute.

To which the customer stated that she would go run to the bathroom first and then come back.

Well like thirty seconds after she disappeared....I finished with the customer I was helping.

But I knew that I needed to help a customer by the birds...so I didn't want to wander too far away from the birds as I knew I'd be called there soon anyways. 

And I saw a customer down the bird aisle.
So I approached the woman and asked if she needed help. 

And she just fixed me with this unblinking stare.
And took too long to answer. 
While she was staring at me.

But in a quiet whisper that you almost couldn't hear, she said that her daughter was here. 
-Which I assumed was the customer who needed help.

And the woman started wandering down the aisle looking for her daughter....

….I don't know how present the woman was to where she was.
She acted like she was looking through a fog really.

And I'm not sure if she ever blinked.....

But when the daughter showed up, I helped the two of them get a parakeet and all the supplies needed.
Hopefully it's a good fit for them. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment