Monday, August 6, 2018

Early Pick Up

I had a guy come into the store today at 7:42 am with a labradoodle puppy in his arms.
Originally, I thought he was there for grooming, but then he asked if we were open yet.
To which I replied in the negative that we didn't open for another hour.

And his response was "Could I still grab a bag of dog food?" 

Like. O.o
Dude.
I just told you we are CLOSED.
What does that mean to you?
It means that stores don't sell things when the sign doesn't say open.

*rolls eyes* 

However, there's been an emphasis on 'customer service' which means helping the customer even if there there outside of store hours. 
So I said "let me see if the registers are open"
-I knew they would be because Grooming was open. 
-They were.

So I told him "Go grab it." May have said something more like "If you're quick you can grab some" Because I didn't want him dillydallying around the store leaving me hanging at the register waiting for him.

In any case. He went to the back of the store and grabbed some food and came back up.

Apparently he'd just gotten the dog that morning? Which like....who picks up a brand new dog at 7am in the morning?? That's crazy. 
And who picks up a dog without buying supplies for it first? Like I'd think you'd want to have food in the house and everything all prepared for the puppy once it got home. 

*shakes head*
But from the way he spoke...it almost seemed like a spontaneous thing. Or an unexpected thing that just happened and he took advantage of it.

….He was also taking the puppy to work with him....which okay weird. 
So he bought the bag of food -to give the dog something to eat at work I suppose---and left.

But like....*shakes head* It was just weird. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment