Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Boy or Girl?

I had a couple come into the store today. 
I didn't think much of them really, because they had a puppy dog with them.
Which I automatically assume they won't need any help in my department because I usually handle mostly fish and crickets.

Go figure.
They needed my help.

The man came up to me asking if I had any goopies.
Which I first heard as puppies. 

But he meant guppies.
The fish.

So I showed him where the tank was. 
And indicated that out of the six tanks of guppies. Only one tank held females. All the rest of the tanks held males.

So the customer looked at the females for a bit.
Looked at the males in the tank to the left of them.
And asked me, pointing to the males. "Are these females?" 

…. "No. Just the ONE tank here" I pointed to the tank "has females. All the rest are boys."

"Ah." 

Like I get that you could misunderstand the first time.
But then with two other tanks.
He was like "are these females?"

"No. We only have ONE tank of females. These ones here are girls." I gesture to the other tanks. "These are all boys."

...I don't know if he ever fully comprehended it in the end.....

But the odd thing was....he seemed so focused on the girls....but ended up buying to males instead. 

*shakes head*
I don't know if that's what the customer wanted....but I was expecting him to grab a couple of females at least, so it was definitely surprising when he didn't. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment