Thursday, August 23, 2018

The Number of Transactions

A customer came into the store today.
Just before we officially opened.
Meaning she was the first customer in line at the register to pay.

She was buying a bunch of hamster related things.
A wheel, chews, food, hiding places, etc. 

But when she went to pay...

Her card was declined.

"Huh...well I have been shopping a lot today. Let's remove the wheel and see if my card will work then." 

She tried three more times to pay with the card, decreasing the cost of the transaction each time by removing one of the items...

Only to have it declined again and again.
She finally ended up just buying the food and paying for it with cash and left.

But I'm still....confused.

I mean, I can see how spending a ton of money all at once could get a bank suspicious enough to freeze the card. I know other people it's happened to. So it makes sense.

Except.
It was NINE AM.

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN SHOPPING and HOW LONG have you been shopping FOR this Early in the Morning?! 

I mean, few places open earlier than 9am...yet the customer made it sound like she'd been shopping since like five that morning. 

Online shopping? 
*shrugs* 
Who knows.
It's weird.

Though I hope she got card working again. That's always stressful when it doesn't. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment