Tuesday, August 14, 2018

What Are They?

I had one of our regular customers come into the store.
And focus on me for conversation instead of my coworker who was closer.

Because they wanted to tell me more about their turtles they have.
As they've discovered that one is a girl and the other is a boy.

When they thought both were boys.

And he wanted to know how to tell the genders for sure and when he should expect eggs and when the turtles reached maturity....

….*exhales*
Like dude....I have no idea.
I just sell the pets.
It's not like we breed them in the store.

I can tell the gender.
Though the customer was arguing with me on whether or not he actually had one boy and one girl or two boys. Cus he wasn't sure as the internet told him he had one of each but was thinking the one with the shorter tail might still grow it out. 

*exhales*
Nope. 
If the tail is short and stubby it's a girl. If the tail is longer and curves to the right it's a boy.
But he was like "the tail is short but it curves slightly"

….still a girl. If it's short it's a girl. 

But beyond that.
I wasn't much help.
I rarely deal with breeding of animals.
And I haven't googled that particular information.
Sooo helping him find the right environment for the turtle to potentially lay eggs....it was difficult. I tried. But idk if actually helped. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment