Thursday, July 9, 2020

In the Breakroom

It's one of those weeks where I can't find peace in the breakroom.
Like most of the time when I take breaks I'm the only one there in the back.
Which is a nice reprieve from having to be social and around people out on the floor.

However...this past week there's been people in the breakroom. Every time I try and take a break.
Which for the most part is okay.
But when it's constant and always happening?
Less so.

Especially when I'm just looking for a moment of quiet. 
It's hard to relax when you have someone sitting nearby talking on the phone, or watching videos, or slamming doors or chewing really loudly....

Like...it's hard to relax.
Especially when I'm sensitive to noise.

And it's been happening more this past week maybe past two weeks.
Because we've had more people coming into the breakroom as a lot of the people who work for the vet clinic in our store have begun using the breakroom for their lunch breaks as well.

Before now it's been more rare.
Like I'm not sure where they would take their lunch breaks before...
But it wasn't in the breakroom.

Now though...it's pretty common to find at least one or two of them taking their lunch in the breakroom.

Which it's great that they can come back and relax there...

But not so great for me when I'm seeking quiet and to be away from people.

*exhales*

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment