Monday, July 27, 2020

Take ALL the Fish

I've never understood the people who feel the need to take 'all' the things.
Like at work it usually involves the fish. But there are often customers who come into the store and want to take every single fish of a particular type of fish.

And today, that seemed to be the trend.

It started with a mother/daughter duo who wanted to get 8 rasboras.
Which happened to be the last 8 I had in the tank.

And then after that was a couple who wanted all the Giant Danios (6) and all the cherry barbs (5) that we had in the tanks.

And last but not least.

A customer came into the store who was wanting to get some goldfish to feed to their turtle.
But wasn't quite sure how many they wanted.
And so decided that they wanted all the goldfish in the tank.

Which I warned them, could have been around 100 goldfish.

-I suppose it's lucky that I was low on goldfish because I could only imagine what it would be like having to catch like 300 or 400 goldfish that the tanks can be filled with if not more.

But there ended up only being like 75 goldfish in the tank they pointed to.

And the customer was laughing basically saying "You must really hate your job, having to catch all those fish."

And like....No? I actually love my job. I enjoy catching fish.
What I don't enjoy is customers being greedy and wanting 'all the fish' we have and I don't like customers making light of the fact that they're giving me more work to do by saying they want "all the fish." when I could have caught thirty much easier. 

*exhales*

I just...don't get the people who want 'all'

I suppose it may be just how I was raised.
But usually I try and think of others.
And I try to leave some for other people.
Just in case they need them too.

But all too often at work I see people who just want to take everything and leave nothing for other people.
Which makes it difficult to keep things in stock when it becomes a trend because there's a shortage because people were greedy and so the next person has to double stock up and be greedy to ensure they have the item, which means the next person is greedy and double stocks as well when they're lucky enough to find the thing.....it's a never ending cycle until we can get a head of the curve.

So yah....
I don't get the people who take everything and leave nothing for other people.

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment