Friday, July 31, 2020

Impatience

Had a customer come into the store this early afternoon wanting to buy some fish for his 5.5 gallon tank.
And after dithering for a bit and after me talking to him a couple of times to help him decide which fish he wanted.
He ended up going with three guppies.
One male and two females. 

And I had warned him that he would want to wait a week before adding any more fish in. 
Because adding too many fish to the tank at once could potentially stress the fish out and cause them to die.

However,
Towards the end of my shift.
The guy came back.

Why?
The tank looked so empty with just three fish in it and he wanted to get some more. 

To which I said that he could, but not today. That it was best to wait a week before adding anymore in because again, they could die.

Dude decided to go ahead and risk it anyways.
He didn't want just three fish and have it be so empty for so long.

So he got another male and two more female guppies. 
*exhales*

Part of me hopes that the fish will do well and survive having so many added together.
The rest of me is expecting him to sheepishly come into work in the morning with the bodies of the ones that didn't make the night.
Makes me wonder if he'll then take my advice to wait before adding more in or if he'll try to buy more....

Guess we'll see. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment