Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Register Shift

I got stuck on register for the last two hours of work today.
As there was a slight scheduling conflict with our scheduled cashier.
And they needed to leave two hours before we closed.
Which meant it would just be like me and my manager and our dog trainer...which since the dog trainer has training classes to teach...really just meant that it would be me and the manager for two hours covering the floor.

So onto the register I went.
Which is less than ideal.
Like. Register shifts are the....longest shifts to work because you're kinda just tethered to the register. You can't wander around, you can't roam the store. You have to stay with the register and help check out customers when they come up to pay for things.

And I was expecting the last two hours to pass by rather tediously.
But surprisingly, we kept up a steady stream of customers throughout those couple of hours. 

I don't think any time longer than like...five minutes passed before I needed to help something.
It was a constant steady stream.
Which was kinda nice as it kept me busy and kept me from looking at the clock every two seconds wondering when I could escape the register and have the store close. 

But yah.
Yaaaay register shifts and watching how much money people are willing to spend for their pets. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment