Saturday, July 11, 2020

Training

Had a customer today approach asking if we did service dog training.

Which I knew was something that a couple of our previous dog trainers have been able to train in.
But I was certain if our current one was able to because they were new to the store.
(Turns out they can do service dog training, but I wasn't aware at the time of the conversation with this customer)


And when I told the customer that we did not.

He was like "WeLl YoU ShOuLd!! YoU woUlD MakE A LoT of MoNEy!!"
Literally that was his tone. He got all wide eyed and loud at me. 

Like. Dude. I can't control what we teach. 

There's no reason to get all pissy at me because you're getting a service dog but have no one available to train you on how to use a service dog. *exhales* 

He was like "Can't you talk to someone?! Suggest it?!"

And like I know our dog trainers can do such classes.
But they have to have more experience.
And again, I wasn't sure how much experience my dog trainer had.

So I told the customer that while some stores may have dog trainers who could do such certification and training, that it really depended on the dog trainer themselves and what classes they were qualified to teach and such and that our dog trainer wasn't yet qualified (though apparently they are. oops) 

But yah.
Not the best interaction with a customer.
Like I don't get people who expect us to provide them all the things and get mad when we can't. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment