Thursday, July 23, 2020

Sold

We had two chinchillas come into the store today on our animal shipment.

And they were TINY.
Like half the size even a third of the size of the usual chinchillas we get in.
TINY.

And honestly.
I shouldn't be surprised that we sold them the same day they came in.

I mean, with this pandemic people are buying pets like crazy.

To the point where we put animals on the floor...and they're sold by the end of the day. 

We can't keep animals in stock.
Because our breeders can't keep up with demand.

And so as soon as we get animals in...they sell.

Today.
About an hour into my shift.
I got notified that there were customers wanting to buy a chinchilla.

Except when I got there.
The two girls were like "No, we want both of them."

So yah. The chinchillas had been on the floor maybe five hours?
And they were already gonna be gone.

*shakes head*
Like I might as well have forgone removing the 'reserved' sign in the cage that marks the cage as empty.
Because the cage was gonna be empty again.

So I thought.

However.
At the register, the customers had a change of heart. 

And decided that they only wanted one of the chinchillas.
So I had to open the traveling box I'd put both of them in.
Let them pick which one they wanted to keep.
And take the other one back to his cage so he could go back on the floor for sale.

....
Until the end of the day.
When one of the customers came back.
Like five minutes before I was set to close the department.
Wanting to buy the second chinchilla.
As they decided that they actually did want it.

So yah.
Both chinchillas gone.
just like that.

*shakes head*
Honestly, I do wonder when I'll be able to be 'fully restocked' again on animals.
Because it's totally crazy how many cages are consistently empty in our store now because the animals sell practically as we're putting them out to sell. 

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment