Saturday, June 27, 2015

MLAARE -Arriving Now?

Ah, my poor animals.

So, at work, we have certain days that we get in animals.
Like clockwork (unless holidays mess with it.)
We can plan for it, we can expect it.

But, I was more than halfway through my work shift.
When I realized...
O.o
The animals hadn't shown up yet.
Usually they're there before the store opens or right at opening.
So we don't have to deal with placing animals while customers are wandering by possibly needing help.
There are always exceptions....like last week, when a new guy ran the animal route to cover for the usual guy. So it took them longer to go places.

Usually they're pretty early.
But this day.
They weren't early.
This day...
I was working a shorter shift.

And those coming in after me....haven't been trained on how to receive our new animals. To check them over, make sure they're healthy and such.

So, I did a quick explanation of what to do IF the animals show up.
And left.
I mean, I could have stayed later in hopes the animals would show up.
But there was no guarantee that the animals would show up in that extra time.
So I left.

And with relief found out the next day, that the animals had not arrived.
And that soon after I'd left the day before, they'd gotten notice that our truck had had 'mechanical problems.'
It should be arriving this day though.
Which was great!
Because there were two of us working at that point, who knew how to receive animals.

Only...
By the time we both left.
>.<
The animals still hadn't arrived!

No.
They showed up like 2 hours after my other coworker left, only three hours before the store closed.
Which meant....
Those who hadn't yet been trained, officially...ended up receiving the animals.

Hopefully....we don't end up with any sick ones,
My coworker didn't seem too concerned, or at least didn't mention anything.
But I won't have a chance to see them for another day or so. (Yay for the Weekend off!)

Guess we'll see how well they did. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment