Friday, June 5, 2015

MLAARE -Baskets?

So there I was,
Bagging up some of our Aquatic Frogs for a customer.
But when I finished with the task....they'd wandered off to who knew where else in the store.
Not in the mood to go hunting, since I was technically supposed to be clocking out and I wanted to clock out sooner rather than later...

So when I spotted one of the sons of the woman I went up to him.
"Here's your frogs."
He gave me this deer in the headlights look.
Like a 'you want me to do what with this?'

Obviously I wanted him to take them. Hold them, so I wouldn't have too. But I noticed he already had things in his hands, so I asked him. "Do you want me to grab you a basket?"

Deer look.
"A basket?" He asked confused.
"Yah, a basket, to put the frogs and such in to make it easier to carry."
Deer look.
"I don't know what that is."

Blink blink....you don't know what a basket is? O.o Wha?? It's a thing you carry other things in.... Maybe he was thinking I was asking him if he wanted me to do something additional....put them in a basket display thingy or something.

"You know, like a cart." I said pointing behind him to another customer that had a cart that they were wheeling around. "Do you need a cart, a basket for these?"

Deer look.
"Let me go grab one for you." I said, as I had no idea how to explain to this kid (10-12 years old) what I was intending.

So I did. And handed him the basket. With him still looking kinda confused....
*shakes head*
Ah well.....they got up to the register eventually.... lol

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment