Tuesday, June 9, 2015

MLAARE -The Computer Doesn't Know

I wonder how it went at work today.
Mostly because as a Tuesday...you don't really expect it to get that busy.
Because Tuesdays are like the least busy day of the week.

Still....I would have scheduled to have more than three people work in my department today.
Yet for some reason the 'computer' called for only three people to work today.
Honestly....I think it's rather stupid to rely on a computer to detail how many people work when.
I mean, I know that there are all these computer schematics and such that show what happened on the same day last year....but that was LAST YEAR. Things change. Days that the computer calls for a lot of people end up being the slowest ever, days where there is only one person in the department at a time end up being overwhelming. The schematic can predict some things, but it's not correct all the time.
Seriously...why do we go by its rules? *shakes head*

Today was one of those 'busier than planned' days.
So my manager Turk thought. He just had a feeling you know?

Honestly....I won't know how busy it got until I go into work again.

But it didn't seem that busy to me.
I mean, it was busy when I left my shift.
But I was leaving just as the lunchtime rush was coming in.

Seriously, if the computer needs to figure out anything it's that there should be more than one person in the department during the lunch period. That's when we get swamped with people before the bigger evening rush. It happens without fail almost everyday that sometime between 12 and 2 that I'll get a rush of people and will be rushing back and forth barely keeping up with all the customers for at least an hour of that time period before it dies back down again.

In any case....busy or not busy....I'm just glad I didn't have to work longer than I did. Totally was in need of a nap by the time I got home.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment