Wednesday, June 10, 2015

MLAARE -Goldfish Fishing

It's always slightly stressful.
When people call the store,
asking to see if we have certain animals, and how many of the animals we have in stock.
Most of the time it involves Goldfish. As people get the Feeders for a variety of reasons.
Because, we don't hold animals, or fish. Soo....the numbers we have at the time of the call won't be the same most likely when they people finally come in.

Usually if I'm the one to talk to the people, I do warn them that we may not have that many when they come in, as we do sell them.
Other coworkers....I don't think do so.

So today, a coworker of mine talked to a customer who wanted to get 75 goldfish.
It didn't seem like too much of a problem, because I'd just done a guesstamite on the fish in question, and knew we totally had more than that. Like 300 of the goldfish in question. Nothing to worry about. And if we somehow ran out of that particular size, we did have nearly the same amount of one size up. Still, the size they wanted had plenty, and the people would be in later in the afternoon to get them.

Nothing to worry about.
Until another customer came in.
Wanting 200 of that same size of goldfish.
()_() *gulp* Uh.....Would I have enough now? No idea.
I fished out the 200 and it still looked like I had 75....

But until the person showed up to get the fish,
I didn't know.

Thankfully....I did.
Whew. *shakes head*

Definitely was a close call though. I still had around 50 left in the tanks when I finally finished bagging up those fish....

But it just goes to show...
That this is why I warn people that the number we have now may not be the number we have later on....Because people can come in unexpectedly wanting large numbers of fish and totally wipe us out. :S

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment