Tuesday, June 23, 2015

MLAARE -Butterfly Nets

So there I was, at work.
Helping a customer get some goldfish for her tank.
I was fishing them out with a net.
And the little girl came up next to me -having heard like the whole conversation, and watched me catch a couple of fish for them already.
"What are you doing with that?" She asked referring to the net.
"Catching fish."
"With what?"
"A net...." I replied confused. Because....well she was watching me do that...
"Oh, a net? Why do you use that?"
"Because it helps me catch the fish." (I don't know how she thought I would catch the fish otherwise...with my bare hands? Especially since she saw me doing it just seconds before.)
"Oh! It's like a butterfly net! But you don't catch butterflies, you catch fish with it!"
"Yes." I said with a nod.

It's interesting how children's minds work. I wouldn't have equated a fish net with a butterfly net, but if she spends more time catching butterflies than fish, it totally makes sense. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment