Monday, June 15, 2015

MLAARE -Early Morning Shopper

So there it was.....
Basically two hours before the Main part of my store opened.
Me, busy, in the middle of doing my opening tasks.

When a customer approached me.
"Are you guys open?"
"No, we open in a couple hours."

-Guy had come before hours for the Vet which, along with Grooming, takes appointments two hours early.

"Oh," He said.
But then. "Do you know much about collars?"
O.o Did you not just process what I just said? That we're not open for a couple more hours?
"Depends on what you want to know, I'm not usually in that department."
"The reflective collars. Does the reflective part wear off?"
"Possibly."
"If its Kong shouldn't it be better."
"Well yah."
"So will it wear off?"
"I don't know, it will last a while but you do have 60 days to return it."
(I halfway wonder if he only heard 'six' days. )
"That's not nearly enough time. What if it wears out?"
"I can't help you...they'll all wear out, but Kong is a good brand."
"Do you know anyone that will know more?"
>.< No....the store isn't OPEN YET SIR! "Sure...let me check and see."
I go find another person, and they were of my same mind. ....The store isn't open yet, why are we helping them? I mean...its one thing if its like half an hour before the store opens, but like two hours? Why? They didn't know much more about these collars either. Only knew that they were newer to the store.
So I returned with this information to the customer.
They weren't happy to hear that.
So I suggested that possibly someone would know more when the store opened...again in like two hours.
"Oh, I was hoping to buy a collar now."
"Well....we're not open yet." I reminded him again. I didn't even think that we'd booted up the registers yet. "But if you come back when the main store is open...I'm sure someone could help..."

And so the customer left...unhappy.
Leaving me unhappy and irritated.
I only have so much time before the store opens. And this customer had delayed me a good ten or so minutes in conversation.
>.<
Honestly....did he not comprehend that it wasn't opening yet? That we weren't open for business? How would he feel if he had a busy schedule at his own job, had much to do before his business opened for the day and a customer managed to get in early seeking to buy stuff before anything was prepped? Yah....
Irritating at all.
Hopefully he found the answers he was seeking....I didn't see him again, so I'll never know for sure.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment