Thursday, June 25, 2015

MLAARE -If You Do This

After a while, working with my coworkers, I can figure out what they like, and don't like to do.
And usually, I like to make people happy.
So once I figure out what they don't like doing....I usually let them avoid doing it more often than not.
I'm an all around person. I love my job, so I'm willing to do most anything. And since I've been at work long enough, I'm fine occasionally missing my own favorite tasks, in order to make their days a little brighter.

But occasionally. I'll use their likes, as a reward for doing stuff they don't like.

So, yesterday, I had in a particular coworker with me, who loves reptiles.
So anything that is involved with the creatures.
They're all over.

I was busy doing other tasks,
When our shipment of Reptiles came in.
My coworker hadn't seen them yet.
And there were still a couple other tasks to complete. Namely, opening up the back rooms that have animals in them.

These tasks, the coworker doesn't like to complete. For some reason, many coworkers don't like to do this back task. I enjoy it because it takes me away from customers.
But this day I had other things I needed to get done.

So I told my coworker, that if they completed the back rooms, I would let them put out the new reptiles.
And my coworker was like "Are you manipulating me?"
"Yep." I said with a smile. "You do this task for me, I let you do this."
"Ooo you're good."
And they went to do the tasks, before happily putting the reptiles away.

Like I said, I can sometimes use what people like, to make them do what they don't like to do.
Compromise, Manipulation, whatever you call it. At least things got done,
I got my coworker to do a task they don't like, just to keep them in the practice of doing it,
and also gave them a reward of doing what they do like. :)

Yay for both sides winning. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment