Monday, August 10, 2015

MLAARE -Hamster Shuffle

One of the things I like at work,
Is that I'm occasionally confronted with problems. 
Not with customers -that's hardly a favorite thing.
But with things within the department.

Things the are like...mental puzzles. 

Today, for example.
My puzzle, was to bring out as many new animals to our sales floor as possible. 
It was rather easy to do.
Because we'd had a busy week of selling hamsters.
So most of the cages were empty. O.o
Totally weird.
I mean, it happens, but its rare that the hamsters get so popular that we have most of them empty.

In the end we had like 9 empty cages. 
And I had a bunch of animals in the back. 
Winter Whites, Mice, Robo Dwarfs, Syrians etc. 

For the most part, we try to not have more than like 3 hamsters/mice per cage.
That way the cage stays a bit cleaner, the animals aren't as crowded, etc. 
But if we have few cages, then sometimes its easier to double them up. 
Especially if the animals already came to us in Quantities greater than three. 

Today.
That wasn't a problem.
I was actually looking for ways to split the animals so that all the cages could be filled.
And I succeeded!

..Almost...I ended up with one empty cage by the end of it with no animal to go within. :( 
But still.
I managed to figure out how to get almost all our cages filled!
I mean...if It had been another person, then maybe only half of them would have been filled. Because some of the animals were already in group greater than 3, and most would think to just stick them all in one cage.
not so me.

:D
It was a great feeling. ^^ To be able to shuffle animals around and create less work for me tomorrow. 
I only wish I was able to fill all the cages.....but there were none left to be brought out from the back. 
Still. All but one is a great accomplishment! :D

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment