Monday, August 31, 2015

MLAARE -Gone a Looking

A police officer walked into our store today.
Not an uncommon occurrence, though most of the time, when they come in it's because they've just rescued an animal or are getting food for their own pets.
I saw the officer walk in,
And walk all the way to the back of the store looking back and forth like they were looking for something or someone.

My first thought, was that some perp had entered the store to hide and the officer was trying to find them,
But I was busy with tasks...and it's not like you can go straight up to an officer and ask "Who are you looking for? What are you looking for?" Of course, you can, but it just seemed kinda...'you don't do that'....
In any case.
A few minutes later I see the manager talking to the officer,
And I approached -out of curiosity.
And my manager said "Hey, Sarnic may know."
And so the officer showed me a picture of a couple of children, and asked if I'd seen them.
They weren't wearing the clothes in the picture, but did I recognize their faces?

I stared at the picture, but couldn't say for sure if I'd seen them before, though I knew I hadn't seen them today.
Why? Because I hadn't talked to many customers during that point, nor had many children in the store.

I have no idea why the officer was looking for them...
Were they lost?
Had they run away from home?
Were they skipping school?

Who knows....
I just know they weren't there, but if we saw them we were supposed to contact the police.....

I really want to know how that story ends...
I hope its on a good note...

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment