Thursday, August 27, 2015

MLAARE -How Black Is the Cat?

I got a call from a customer today.
Asking if we had any black cats up for adoption.
I told them that yes, we had one black cat.
A long haired female, about a year old, with all her vaccinations, rabies, been fixed, as well as microchipped.

I don't know how much of what I was saying to the customer over the phone was making sense. As they would ask me questions to things I had already answered them about.
Perhaps they were double checking to make sure they heard everything correctly.

I established everything with them. Said we could have the cat available until an hour after the store opened tomorrow.
And hung up.

Only to get a call like two minutes later with an odd question.
"How Black is the Cat?"
O.o
Uh... black?
"But how black?"
So I said she was black, a darker black, but with some lighter greyish tones.
But how much of the cat was black? If she was lighter on the stomach, that was alright. The customer was mostly concerned that the head and back of the body were black.
I told them it was black,
But they kept questioning me, and I was in the middle of trying to help the other customers.
So I told them, that if they could wait like 10 minutes I would send them a picture of the cat. So then they could see for themself how 'black' the cat was.

I took a few pictures.
But the kitty was being stubborn so it was hard to get a good picture.
I sent the best one I had to them.
Via my phone since the work phone doesn't have picture capability -though that would be cool to have. It would solve so many problems. When customers call with questions expect answers that can only be answered if seen in person.
Its true that many people don't have picture texting still, but it could help with this sort of situation.

In any case I sent the one picture.
And the customer called me back a few hours later on my phone.
To ask me about the 'grey cat' I'd sent a picture of.

*shakes head*
They weren't even sure where the number was sending the picture from. Though I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one who said I'd send a picture of the 'black' cat. And in the message I even said "Hey this is the cat from Starsmet." Just to double check.

But they were so confused about it.
The cat was grey in the picture.
No. Its black.
It is black.
But the lighting from the room/phone camera made the cat look more grey.
I told the customer that I had another picture of the same cat that made her look darker, it was just taken while the cat was behind bars. Still it showed the cat as black.
And so I sent the picture....

And didn't hear back from them.

So we'll see.
If the customers make the 2 hour journey to come see the cat tomorrow.
-That's why I offered to send a picture, because they were 2 hours away.

I'm half hoping that they don't show up.
Because really, if they were difficult to work with on the phone.
They're going to be difficult in person.
Especially if the cat isn't as black as they want it to be.
Then they'll get angry about driving all the way there to not get the cat...
Yah, we'll see.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment