Friday, November 27, 2015

MLAARE -Black Friday Worry

I've had my fair share of Black Friday experiences at work.

Okay, so it's been like only four of them.
But still, I'm more experienced than basically everyone else there lol.

So it's not surprising that my fellow opener for Black Friday was a bit nervous.

I mean, its easy to picture all the horribly crazy things that can happen on Black Friday.
I did it my first time working Black Friday.
Because I didn't know what to expect then.
Crazy mobs.
Fights.
People getting trampled.

You know all the things you hear about happening in other retail stores.

But.
This is a PetStore.
I told my coworker.

People don't get crazy here.
lol, I told basically everyone I talked to.

You'll get a handful of people into the store.
Most of them will head over to the cat section for Cat litter.
Some will go elsewhere in the store.
And you'll get a handful of people in our department.
Looking to get specific aquariums or terrariums or maybe an animal that's on sale.

We'll be crazy busy for like an hour.
And then the rush would die down, only to pick up around lunch time with more customers. :)
It would basically become like a busy Saturday from then on out. :)

Which is exactly what happened.
When we opened up there were like 40 people who came in the doors.
Most of them headed deeper into the store for cat litter mostly, and doggie stuff.
And we had a handful of people come into my department.
For our fish tanks, our reptile tanks, and a couple of animals.

Not a big deal.
Nothing overwhelming or crazy. :)
Just like a busy Saturday. lol :)

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment