Wednesday, November 11, 2015

MLAARE -Understanding

There's an interesting problem with talking to customers.
Sometimes....its really difficult to tell if they actually care/already know/don't care about what you're talking about.

I had an older gentleman come into the store.
Looking to get a new pet.
Because he had some turtles in a 10 gallon tank and decided to put them in a different fish tank with his fish. (That can't turn out badly...)
But now he wanted to put something else into the fish tank. Make it into a terrarium for some lizards.

So I went through the viable options of different reptiles he could get.

And all through the conversations.
This guy would occasionally give me that "I know what you're doing." Grandfather type look and nod his head.

And it really began to bug me.
That look.
Because I couldn't tell if he was giving me the "I already know all this information." Type of look. "Stop wasting my time and get me my lizard."

Or if its just something he does. When he's listening. Comprehending. Understanding the tasks he is taking on.

So hard to tell.
Because my automatic reaction is the first.
But more than likely it is the later.

Which is why sometimes dealing with customers is annoying.
How am I supposed to know what information I need to give.
When I can't tell if the customer already knows the information, is even listening, or actually really needs to know the information.

In any case.
I hope the gentleman is happy with his new purchases. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment