Wednesday, November 25, 2015

MLAARE -Negative Nancy

Do you ever wonder what has happened in other people's days to make them act the way they do?

I do. On occasion. Especially when they end up bringing my own day down.
*shakes head*
I was barely treading water at work.
Trying to deal with all the day to day tasks, and then the extra tasks heaped on top of that, while training a new person in the department on our last day of Black Friday preparations.
It was manageable. Stressful.
Nothing to get me down.

And then I got this call.
That I had the misfortune of being the one to answer.

It was a lady on the otherside.

Basically furious.
Because she'd just been at our store.
And she had discovered that out of the four items she purchased.
One of them hadn't been placed in the bag.

That item being a little brown dog tag.

She'd been in a hurry you see. And hadn't had time to take the tag through the our tag machine to get it engraved right then.

And somewhere in the middle of the transaction.
The tag hadn't been placed with her other items.

I could see the solution to why the tag wasn't placed in the bag easily enough.

Usually people take the tags straight to the tag machine.
So the cashiers keep the tags out so the customer doesn't have to dig through the bag to get to the tag.

I'm guessing this is what happened.

I told the customer this.
And she was still mad.
"Why didn't the cashier say anything! I have to drive all the way back to get my dog tag!"
And she continued to bash on the cashier for causing her this great inconvenience.
 Basically saying that she shouldn't be a cashier anymore.

And all the while I'm thinking. "Lady. Chillax. It was probably an honest mistake!"
I mean, who knows how busy it was at the time of the transaction.
She could have been distracted by another customer or coworker, Could have had problems.
She could have placed the tag right by the customer and the customer just didn't take it, but my cashier was already distracted with the next customer in line.

Really.
Its pointless to get so huffy about the whole situation.
As I'm pretty sure your "long drive" isn't more then 15 or 20 minutes so it wouldn't be as much of a problem as it is for the people who come from 2 or 3 hours away.

*shakes head*
In any case, after that unpleasant interaction,
My whole day just seemed to get worse.
Things ended up going wrong more. Or were more difficult then they were supposed to be.

Thanks to one negative phone call.

Which is why I'm super glad that I don't get them that often. Because that kind of negativity is not fun to have to deal with.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment