Saturday, November 21, 2015

MLAARE -Done Too Soon

I love coming into work early.
Because that means that I get off work early.

The only time I don't love coming into work early.
Is the weekend.
Because we don't have the same amount of tasks on the weekend that we do throughout the week.
No cages to clean, no fish tanks to clean.

Basically all the things that take up a lot of time...
We don't have to do.
Because the focus is all on customer service. Since the weekend is the busiest time for us (and the holiday weekends means even more crazy.)

So when they bring me in at the normal 'weekday' time....
I get done with everything really early.
Like before the store opens.

And there aren't a whole lot of customers in the store in the mornings.

Which means...I spend a lot of time twiddling my thumbs, trying to keep myself busy once all my tasks are done.

It was even worse...
When the managers decide to have you train a greenie on those days.
Because even though the greenie is slow at all the tasks -since they've never done them before.
With both of us doing them at the same time....we get things done faster.

Which left both of us twiddling our thumbs looking for things to do.
Add to it that I had a third coworker come in...

Yah...
Our department looked pretty spiffed up since we had time to do basically all the things we don't have time to do during the week. lol.

Thankfully, I was able to send the greenie to go train on how to be a cashier, so it only left two of us bored out of our minds.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment