Tuesday, November 17, 2015

MLAARE -Boy or Girl?

I had a lot of people corner me about Dog related questions today at work.
So weird.
I mean I know a bit, I work in a petstore, but the Dog Section isn't really my department. I work with the other animals. Fish, Reptiles, Hamsters, Birds, etc.

In any case, one customer in particular.
Had just picked up two puppies for her girls.
Like literally. Just picked them up, got her kids out of school early, and came to the store.
Just picked up.

And she had a ton of questions on food and potty training and such.
For her two puppies. A girl and boy from what I gathered in the conversation.

And then one of daughters was like....
"Mommy, I think this puppy is a boy."

The mom was like "No, no its a girl."
"I think its a boy. They're both boys."

So I ended up taking a look at both of them.
"Yah. I'm pretty sure these are boys."

"But the lady said they were girls!!"

There happened to be a woman and her dog nearby.
So I asked her. "Is your dog a girl or boy."
"Boy."
"Can I lift up your dog's leg to show the woman what the boy area looks like."
"Sure."
So I did.

"Yep, pretty sure you got two boys."
"No, no...I was told they were girls!"

I asked a coworker. She said they were boys.
But to be extra extra sure -since I don't often look to see if dogs are girls or boys. And I could be totally crazy...or wrong. lol I took the puppies into the groomers -since they deal with dogs all the time.
"Yep. Those are boy parts."

So the woman ended up with two boy puppies.
She was like "Yah...the woman had a strong accent, that I got these from, maybe we misunderstood each other."
In the end the customer was just glad they were both the same gender as she didn't want to end up with puppies in the future.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment