Monday, March 6, 2017

Do You Know The Number?

It boggles my mind how people can send others into the store to grab something for them...without giving them details on what they're supposed to be getting.

It's like they don't realize that there's more than one item that a person can choose from.
"Go get the Dog food in the green bag."
Surprise, there's like six different brands of dog food that have green bags.

*shakes head*

In any case.
Today I had a customer come in and she needed crickets.
Which I respond with the usual 'what size and how many' question.

Surprisingly the customer knew the size.
She needed small crickets.

But the quantity?

She gave this wide clueless look and asked me "I dunno, how many should I get?"

....Well considering you told me that you needed small crickets....and nothing else....

I have no clue how many you need lady. *exhales*
I'm not omniscient. I don't automatically know how many people will need.
Because it really depends on the animal involved.

A spider? People get anywhere from 1-15.
Frogs and Anoles? under 24.
Leopard Geckos? 24-40
Bearded Dragons? 40-100

Seriously, it could have been any number.
Not all reptiles eat the same amount of crickets nor the same size of crickets.

So, after more questions.
I found out her daughter has two leopard geckos.
Okay. so around 24-40 for them each.

The woman ended up deciding on 60.

-After starting with forty and deciding she needed more.

I'm glad I was able to help her out.
I just wish some people would think before they send others to get their stuff for them.
Because the more details the better.

I mean, I'm fine playing detective. But it makes it easier for all of us all around to just tell me straight out what is needed.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment