Tuesday, March 7, 2017

The Doors

I was just returning from the back of the store when I noticed that there was a customer standing at our doors.

Since it was still early morning, we hadn't yet switched the doors to automatically open when a customer approaches.
Usually we do this when our groomers show up and glancing at my watch, it showed that it was basically the time to open the doors.

It was rather amusing to see the customer standing there, kinda confused, probably wondering why the doors hadn't automatically opened for her.

-Which is why we have a doorbell for customers to ring, so they don't have to stand out in the cold wondering why they can't get in. They can just ring it and we'd know someone was waiting.

I don't know how long she'd been standing there.
but since I'd seen her, and it was basically time to open the doors, and since she had a dog with her, I figured that I might as well let her in.

And that's when it happened.
As I was approaching the doors.
I saw that her attention was on her dog.
Who'd just lifted his leg.
And started to pee on our front doors.
>.< While the customer just stared. And did nothing.

Okay....she may have said a command, but she didn't try and jerk the dog away or anything.

And I found that interesting. Like...why? Why would you allow your dog to mark his territory on our front doors? Those doors where basically every single dog will have to pass through and then feel the need to mark as well? You just caused us all this extra work....
Because you couldn't control your dog.

*shakes head*

I don't understand customers some days.
I really don't.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment