Thursday, March 2, 2017

You Know My Name.

I can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing that customers want to remember my name.

I mean, it's obviously both.
Both a good thing and a bad thing for customers to know me.

Good because if they like me and are making an effort to remember me, then I must have been helpful to them in the right manner.

Bad...because if something goes wrong....they know exactly who to come to to complain. lol.

In many ways it's best to be just an anonymous figure that catches your fish or told you about tanks.
That way....if they come back...and don't remember you....then you can easily play dumb if something didn't work well.

*shakes head*

In any case.
Today I had an older gentleman -thin tall, white hair, bright blue eyes. Kinda reminds me of the guy who plays the chimney sweep in Mary Poppins...but older....

Yah this customer.
Needed help.
Finding new puppy pads for his dog.
Because the ones he bought "weren't working!" in his words.

After taking him away from the rush of customers up at the front of the store, to check out other puppy pads, I got more details from him.

Like the fact that his dog is six years old.
Why he now wants to use pads for the dog I have no idea.
But the dog that old isn't going to automatically know that he's supposed to go on a white thing placed on the floor. -Even if it is scented to attract dogs there.
Like...if the dog is used to going outside....he's going to want to go outside.
*shakes head*
But in any case, I recommended that the man try a spray that attracts dogs to areas where they can go.
As the pads themselves are basically all the same, just made by different companies with slight differences.

And he fixed me with his bright blue eyed stare.
Like he was memorizing my face.
Asked my name.

And basically gave off the general impression that if it didn't work he was going to come back and complain to me personally that it didn't work. :S
That...or come back to haunt me. Because seriously. That's how intimdating that stare was.

Thankfully I don't work tomorrow...so if it doesn't work, he won't be able to find me if he drops by....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment